Father's Day Craft

I know it is time for Mother's Day, but I like to start getting stuff together for the fathers also.  I want the kids to be able to do crafts for their fathers even though we will not be in school at that time.  I always have such a hard time finding something cute for the kids to make their fathers.  I made this last year, and it seemed to be a hit.  I got the idea out of Oriental Trading, but just had the kids create it themselves and make it their own.  I bought the pots really cheap at Michael's.  The biggest expense was the Hershey Kisses.

Materials:
ceramic flower pot
paint
paint brushes
Hershey's kisses/hugs

Directions:
1. First you paint the bottom of your pot the color of your choice. This will be the shirt.
2. Paint the rim of the pot a different color. This will be the collar of the shirt. I chose white so that the tie would stand out.
3. Next, get a pencil and trace the shape of a tie.
4. Then paint the tie in the colors and designs of your choice.
5. Finally, fill the pot with hugs and kisses for your dad.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...